We at Focus Learning Corporate Training & Career Education Centre are offering a wide variety of business skills and language skills training to help individuals and corporations in the ever increasing complex business world.
We will work with your team in any context and setting – leadership & management, team-building, business communication, problem solving & decision making, conflict & change management, human resources management, customer service upgrades, selling techniques, Chinese & Western etiquettes, as well as language and psychological training to engage your employees and members.
Our philosophy is to facilitate training programmes, career development and educational events specifically geared towards helping you achieve your goals, and, to deliver a measurable return on your investment.
“We would like to extend our greatest gratitude to Focus Learning. We would not have performed so well in real life business settings in terms of business Putonghua communication, selling techniques and Chinese etiquette without your professionalism and highly motivated spirit in providing training & consultancy services to our expatriate and local executives.”
Business & Language Programmes
Designed to Inspire You
Leadership & Management
- Business Strategy
- Business Ethics
- Change Management
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Strategy Management
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Time Management
- Account Strategy for Major Sales
- Business Networking / Influencing Skills
- Cross Selling
- Customer Service Relations
- Consultative Selling for Insurance / Wealth Management Staff
- Selling Techniques
- Selling after service for Branch Counter Staff
- Presentation and Negotiation Skills
- Retail Bank Service Management for Branch Supervisors and Managers
- Hotel / Tourism / Retail Management and People Development
- Accounting and Financial English
- Business English Writing
- High Impact Presentation in English
- IELTS English
- Social English Communication
- Spoken English for Banking & Finance
- Spoken English for Merchandising & Trading
- Spoken English for Hotel and Restaurants
- Spoken English for Retail Staff
- Spoken English for Sales
- Spoken English for Tourism
- Business Putonghua / Cantonese
- Social Putonghua / Cantonese
- Business Merging and Acquisition
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Marketing
- Corporate Human Resources
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Corporate Public Relations
- Financial Services Marketing
- Financial Planning
- Chinese Etiquette
- Western Etiquette
- Sponsor Your People to Obtain Certificates
- PhD candidate, MBA, FHKCS, Member of the Court of HKU
- Teaching Leadership & management skills, Chinese etiquette and selling techniques.
- Providing 40 different programs to over 50,000 executives and frontline staff covering Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Mainland China
- Served HSBC; Standard Charter Bank, Citibank; Bank of China, AON, Manulife, Prudential, AXA, MassMutual
- MBA – Marketing, BBA – Accounting, Lecturer in HKU, CityU, PolyU, LU
- Teaching HKUSPACE-University of London MBA, Business Strategy; Business Ethics, Marketing, Financial Services Marketing, Corporate Governance & Ethics, PR, CSR; ACCA Open Exam, Sales Training, etc.
- Served Dun & Bradstreet, Johnson-Mathley, Directel, TDC, Sun Hung Kai Property Group, etc.
- EMBA, MBTI I & II Administrator, NLP Trainer, DTM, CTD, B.Sc.
- Managing corporate HR relation to formulating HR strategies in alignment with corporate mission and vision, business merging & acquisition, reengineering, office relocation, retail management and people development.
- Provided staff training covering from Hong Kong Jockey Club, Crocodile Garment, Maxim’s Caterers, Sir Hudson Group of Restaurants, Pricerite, TWHG Fong Shui Cheun Social Service, Hong Kong Domain Name Registration Co., Ltd, and Hong Kong Girl Guide Association.
- Doctor of Psychology and MA in Clinical PsyD, MSS Counseling, Certified Enneagram Professional Trainer
- Offering Enneagram Professional Training Program (EPTP) and related business skills training.
- Served AIA, Allianz, AXA, BOC, BCTC, Bank of East Asia, China Life Insurance, Citibank, Convoy, HSBC, ICBC, Manulife, MassMutual, MUJI, Prudential, Standard Chartered Bank, Sun Life Financial, 3M, CSL, PCCW, etc.
- DBA, MBusSys, MCom, MBA, BBA, CPA, CMA, FCCA, ACIS, FCPA, CTA
- Offering programs corporate finance, strategy management, financial planning, accounting, and leadership and management, effective communication and presentation skills for accounting specialists, etc.
- Teaching various companies and universities in Hong Kong, PRC China and Australia.
- MA, BA, TEFL, PCAES
- Lecturer in CityU and ERB Employees Retraining Board – designing and teaching business English for executives in presentation & negotiation, business report writing, English social communication, job interviews, and IELTS etc.
- Served Hospital Authority and corporations namely Bank of America, Hang Seng Bank, Peninsula Hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Swire Hotel, Ritz Carlton, Shangri-la, Dragon Air, FedEx, Xerox, Maxim’s, Jardine Schinder, Sino Property, and Nam Fung Property.
- MBA in International Management, PGD in Marketing; CIM, BA, Dip Putonghua Trainer, State Putonghua Proficiency Test G2, TEFL
- Specialized in teaching Business Putonghua, Cantonese and English
- Served expatriate managerial grade such as private bankers, Total Petrochemicals, Maersk Sealand, Maersk Logistics, Cathy Pacific Airways, Munich Reinsurance, Volvo Group, American Express Bank, Vtech, Coca Cola, Excelsior Hotel, US Consulate, etc.
- MA in Teaching Chinese as an International Language, Master of Business, Bachelor of Law
- Specialized in teaching Business and Social Putonghua including culture and current affairs.
- Native Mandarin Speaker with Rank 1st of Putonghua Proficiency Test Certificate
- MBA, BA, PG Cert in Education, ProDip in English Language Teaching, TESOL.
- Specialized in teaching Business and General English from survival to advanced level and BULATS / IELTS exam courses.
- Served Hang Sang Bank and Maxim’s
- MSc in Hospitality Industry of HKPU
- Specialized in program design and providing HR solutions.
- With solid teaching experience especially in Team Building, Equal Opportunities, Personal Data, Business Etiquette, Performance Management and General Courtesy Program.
- M.Ed (TESOL), CELTA, CTEFLA
- Professional Writing Courses, e.g. Marketing & PR Writing and Creative Writing for both Tertiary and Secondary levels.
- Business English for Meetings, Presentations, Speech, Hotel F&B, Treasury, Finance & Accounting, Trading & Shipping, Socializing Skills, Customer Service Skills, Bank & Insurance and Executive 1:1 Coaching
- Matthew has been teaching The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HKSAR Recruitment Examiner, Treasury, Inland Revenue & Housing Dept, Peninsula Hotel, The Langham Hotel, Fox International, Brooks Brothers, ANZ Bank, State Street Bank, The Bank of China, Blue Cross, AXA, Munich RE, Robeco, BNP Paribas, UBS, PCCW, Cathay Pacific, HK Jockey Club, Gammon Construction, RELAY and HELM, etc.
Matthew is a native English speaker from England.
Not finding what you are looking for? Contact us
We may be able to offer the course you are looking for or customize training for your employees, customers and members.
Room 1505, 15/F, Yu Sung Boon Building, 107 Des Voeux, Central, Hong Kong